Monday, July 23, 2012

Meanwhile...

So clearly I fell off the wagon for a bit.  But to be fair, once we got back from New Zealand, things got a bit crazy.  I spent a good week cramming grammar and vocab for another Arabic proficiency exam, took the exam, and found out last minute that I would, in fact, be allowed to start Arabic 204 the next morning.  So I began almost 6 weeks of intensive Arabic - 5 days a week, 3 hours of class a day, with another 2-3 hours of homework and class prep time after that.  But even with all of that, I love me some Arabic!  The grammar's difficult at times, but the language really is beautiful.  Anyways.  In that time, we've also been dog-sitting, working, cooking (and eating of course!), rock climbing, and more.  On top of that, Jeff's parents are in town this weekend visiting us, tomorrow is my last day of classes, I have a final presentation to prepare, and the final exam on Thursday. I'm excited to to finish!  So here are some pictures from the last month or so :]

Sumo, the dog we took care of

My life as an Arabic student

Green beans, mashed potatoes and battered and fried chicken - all homemade!

Pilot Mountain

Parking Lot - this is what we climbed!

I may have become addicted to DrawSomething... 

My Arabic professor's wife cooked this amazing food for us -  ah, the taste of Jordan!

The beautiful flowers from breakfast at Foster's Market

Jeff's parents are here!

small kitchen + 4 people cooking = crowded.

The fruits of our labors: green beans, baked potato casserole, potato skins, and BBQ brisket

No comments:

Post a Comment