In between summer school sessions, Jeff and I took a few days off to go visit family up in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We got to walk around Valley Forge, hang out with cousins, collect some eggs, visit Longwood Gardens, celebrate my granddad's retirement (at 78!), and play lots of card games. Here are some fun pictures from our trip:
| Jeff getting some Lego time |
| picking strawberries from the garden |
| I LOVE this place! - the beautiful ruins at my cousins' farm |
| the newly-built fantastic herb garden |
| visiting Valley Forge National Historic Park |
| pretending to be a soldier |
| The log cabins at Valley Forge |
| Checking out the inside of the log cabins |
| The deer are totally not afraid of people in Valley Forge - I was within 3 feet of this one! Didn't even flinch... |
| Americanization: one of the stained-glass values in the George Washington Memorial Chapel |
| the woodwork in the chapel took years - and was done all by hand |
| I loved the stone work! |
| collecting fresh eggs |
| the eggs we collected |
| all dressed up for Grandpa's retirement party! |
| my cousins - getting flashy with their bowties and pocket watches |
| Grandma and Grandpa showing off their dance skills |
| at Longwood Gardens |
| hanging out on an old cedar-of-Lebanon |
| a super cool tree house |
| some of the flowers were huge!!! |
| watching the fountain show |
| hanging out with my sweet husband in the greenhouse |
| playing spades with Grandma and Grandpa - Jeff and Grandpa won... |
Love all the pics!!! Wish we could have been at Grandpa's retirement party and gotten to see you guys (I still haven't met Jeff yet). If you ever want to come out to AZ, you have a place to stay!
ReplyDelete