Friday, March 23, 2012

Dusting off the ol' machine

When Jeff and I signed the lease for our apartment and moved my stuff in, we made a list of things we wanted to fix and change in the apartment - things like put up curtains and a curved shower rod...  At this point, we've accomplished most of things on that list, crossing yet another project off that list today.  In the kitchen, there's this counter top, and beneath it is one of the few storage places available.  But stacking things under there just looked  bad.  I wanted to sew fabric panels to hide the storage area out of my leftover fabric from reupholstering the couch.  So this afternoon, I dusted off the ol' sewing machine, took measurements, and sewed us some panels!


 yes, sewing on the floor... :)


the completed project

I really wanted to hide the one leg behind the panels, but there was no way to put a pole up and hide it, that I could figure out at least.  I think it turned out really well!  Love me some craft time...

2 comments: