Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Celebrating Bill


20 years ago today, I became a big sister.  Since then, I've had the great privilege of watching Helena grow up, seeing her change from my baby sister to the diva of the family to warrior woman on the field.  I got to see her blossom into this beautiful, graceful, compassionate woman who cares deeply for others and constantly encourages everyone around her.  She is a truly "accomplished" woman (yes, we both love Pride and Prejudice...) - she reads extensively (as a nursing student, there's no avoiding that...), speaks Spanish, super smart, a formidable opponent on the lacrosse field, sings beautifully, has this talent with music and piano skills that I'm totally jealous of, her doodles look like those really cool patterns you find on southern-belle type fashion accessories, and she's got the magic touch when it comes to baking.  No joke.  If you ever get the chance, ask her to bake you a chess pie.  It's incredible.

So today, I'm celebrating Helena - Bill, as we call her.  She is a joy in my life, and I'm really excited to see where she goes after college as she continues to grow and become an awesome nurse.

Bill -thanks for being my totally cool, goofy, little sister and being willing to pretend like you're still shorter than me in our family pictures even though you've got a good 3 inches on me....  Have a wonderful 20th birthday!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment