Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pinterest Projects

Just about every girl I know spends time on Pinterest these days.  It's a pretty neat site - I found lots of fun ideas for the wedding there!  Nowadays, I like looking through the DIY category for fun, new ideas for making clothing, decorating/organizing the house, and especially for food recipes.  I had some down time yesterday (my last day of summer vacation...), so I thought I'd do a Pinterest project!  It was a simple one - using a coffee can as a way to store all those plastic grocery bags.  It took less than an hour.  Here's how it went down:


I started with a big ol' coffee can from Walmart and stripped the label off. 
Grabbed some white acrylic paint and a paintbrush

2 coats of paint...

The Pinterest post used sticker letters, but I like painting... so teal paint for the lettering!

cut a hole in the lid

ta-da!  finished project!

1 comment: