Ever since I decided that sewing was fun again, I've been on a skirt kick. I've found a ton of different ideas for making skirts on Pinterest, and slowly I've begun to start making them. The circle skirt was one of the first ones I pinned, and it looked pretty simple. No seams - just cut it out, sew in elastic, and hem it. So I took my measurements, drew a pattern, and then cut it out.
The fabric was actually a fitted sheet that was given to me by my pastor's wife after they moved into a new house. I bought some elastic from Wal-Mart, sewed a casing around it, and then did my first-ever rolled hem! At first I thought I'd sew a regular hem, but when I pinned it, it made the skirt look stiff, so I decided to go with a rolled hem, even though I didn't have the special hemming foot for my machine.
Overall, I think it turned out pretty great!
The fabric was actually a fitted sheet that was given to me by my pastor's wife after they moved into a new house. I bought some elastic from Wal-Mart, sewed a casing around it, and then did my first-ever rolled hem! At first I thought I'd sew a regular hem, but when I pinned it, it made the skirt look stiff, so I decided to go with a rolled hem, even though I didn't have the special hemming foot for my machine.
Overall, I think it turned out pretty great!
Cute! Wish you lived closer...I'd let you get creative with some kiddo clothes!! :)
ReplyDeleteCute! Wish you lived closer...I'd let you get creative with some kiddo clothes!! :)
ReplyDelete