On Saturday, Jeff and I went to the State Fair! It was a little extra special, in my opinion, because a year ago that day was the day Jeff asked me to marry him, on the Ferris wheel :) So of course, I wanted to go on that day and go on the Ferris wheel again... Sentimental.
Anyways... we went later in the day since Jeff had to work at a wedding, got there around 4:30, and headed straight for the Texas Fried Frito pie stand. It was definitely my favorite treat from last year, and I fully intended on getting it again. Jeff felt that same way.
We continued our food tour, trying deep fried Reese's cups (honestly, better than the deep fried Oreos - there's something perfect about warm, melty chocolate peanut butter...)
And I found some pumpkin spice funnel cake with cream cheese frosting - delicious!
Unfortunately, I was stuffed to the gills after that, which of course, was when I found a place selling deep fried pumpkin pie. I was so torn - try to fit more in for that yummy pumpkin goodness and risk getting sick? Couldn't do it. It made me very sad. But I'll make sure next year I leave some room for it.
We walked around a lot, watching people play fair games and saw the animals and learned about cow milking operations, and finally we decided to get on the Ferris wheel. There was a really long line though, so we had to wait a while to get on, and we were packed in with three other people. Not my ideal situation, but it was still a lot of fun for me, and it was great to see everything lit up!
Afterwards, Jeff continued the food tour with a massive corndog (more like the size of two put end to end..), and a delicious smelling cheese steak with a bunch of grilled onions and peppers on top. We ended the evening with another plate of Texas fried frito pie and some hot spiced apple cider.
Overall, it was a great evening at the fair!
Anyways... we went later in the day since Jeff had to work at a wedding, got there around 4:30, and headed straight for the Texas Fried Frito pie stand. It was definitely my favorite treat from last year, and I fully intended on getting it again. Jeff felt that same way.
And I found some pumpkin spice funnel cake with cream cheese frosting - delicious!
Unfortunately, I was stuffed to the gills after that, which of course, was when I found a place selling deep fried pumpkin pie. I was so torn - try to fit more in for that yummy pumpkin goodness and risk getting sick? Couldn't do it. It made me very sad. But I'll make sure next year I leave some room for it.
We walked around a lot, watching people play fair games and saw the animals and learned about cow milking operations, and finally we decided to get on the Ferris wheel. There was a really long line though, so we had to wait a while to get on, and we were packed in with three other people. Not my ideal situation, but it was still a lot of fun for me, and it was great to see everything lit up!
Afterwards, Jeff continued the food tour with a massive corndog (more like the size of two put end to end..), and a delicious smelling cheese steak with a bunch of grilled onions and peppers on top. We ended the evening with another plate of Texas fried frito pie and some hot spiced apple cider.
Overall, it was a great evening at the fair!
How fun...and romantical! ;)
ReplyDeleteAww...how sweet! (And greasy!) Glad ya'll had fun!
ReplyDelete