Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Ok, so I'm slightly completely obsessed with pumpkin.  I love it.  It's one of the best things about fall, there's pumpkin everything.  Today, my last class before Thanksgiving break was cancelled, so of course, I came home and decided I wanted some pumpkin muffins.  Totally normal.  Here's the original link: Easy Pumpkin Muffins

But I wasn't quite satisfied with what I read.  So here's what I actually did:

1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 lb can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cloves (I roughly guestimated...)

Preheat oven to 375 F.  Put all the ingredients into the super cool apple-green Kitchen-Aid mixer (a.k.a. my favorite kitchen appliance ever) and mix well.  Grease the muffin tin, fill about half way with batter.  Bake for roughly 15.  Try not to inhale them all the moment they come out of the oven.

I iced them with this cinnamon icing that I got in some random cookie mix, and I have no idea how to make it.  But I will find out.  Because it is PERFECT with these muffins.



...and now I'm going to go eat another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment