This year was our first Valentine's day as a married couple :) Since we're not big on buying each other gifts, it wasn't the stereotypical chocolate and flowers kind of holiday for us. Also, I was leaving that afternoon to drive to Kentucky, so no date night either...
Instead, we celebrated on the 13th! Jeff had been in New Orleans the week before, so he surprised me by bringing back some coffee and chicory from Cafe du Monde. Clearly he knows me and my coffee-loving ways too well :) I haven't tried it yet, since I still haven't finished my other open bag of coffee, but I'm really looking forward to it!
And my gift in return was this tiny little painted canvas. I saw this Etsy seller on Pinterest who sold these as bigger wall hangings, and thought they were so cute! I was also looking for an idea of something small I could make for Jeff for his office to brighten it up a bit, which is when I came up with this idea. All it took was a mini canvas, some yellow paint, a pencil, and a sharpie!
It was a pretty simple project, took about an hour overall to sketch the letters, paint around the letters, and then outline them. Overall, a sweet Valentine's day for us!
Instead, we celebrated on the 13th! Jeff had been in New Orleans the week before, so he surprised me by bringing back some coffee and chicory from Cafe du Monde. Clearly he knows me and my coffee-loving ways too well :) I haven't tried it yet, since I still haven't finished my other open bag of coffee, but I'm really looking forward to it!
And my gift in return was this tiny little painted canvas. I saw this Etsy seller on Pinterest who sold these as bigger wall hangings, and thought they were so cute! I was also looking for an idea of something small I could make for Jeff for his office to brighten it up a bit, which is when I came up with this idea. All it took was a mini canvas, some yellow paint, a pencil, and a sharpie!
| (small enough to fit in my hand...) |
No comments:
Post a Comment