Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Avocado Egg Salad

I'll admit it, I'm slightly completely obsessed with avocado right now.  I want it all the time.  I'm frequently looking for new ways to incorporate it into my meals.  I was so excited to find out that I could add guacamole to my bacon burgers at Burger King for 60 cents...

Anyways.  I was wasting some time on Pinterest a while back, and I found this recipe for avocado egg salad.  It looked yummy, so I pinned it for later.  Now, I'm not usually a big egg salad fan.  I think it's the mayonnaise... But since I've been craving avocado so much recently, I decided to give it a try.  Unfortunately, there are no pictures of my attempts at this recipe, because I inhaled it.

Here is the original recipe (you have to scroll down past the family photos).  I tweaked it a little bit since a) I didn't have the right spices and b) because I like to tweak recipes.  Instead of the curry or fenugreek powder, I used spicy Dijon mustard.  I also used a little less than 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise because the mustard was liquidy and I didn't want the whole thing to turn to mush.

Result: avocado egg salad for the win!  I didn't put it in a wrap because, well, I ate it too fast.  I couldn't wait long enough to mess with spooning it into the wrap.  It was delicious!  I have a feeling that this will become a regular snack for me...

(this is Ashley's picture from her blog post [link above] - it is most definitely as tasty as it looks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment