Friday, October 11, 2013

A Busy Semester

Most semesters, I get to the halfway point and feel like it's going so slowly.  This semester is different.  I don't think I've ever had a semester go by so quickly.  We just finished week 8, and there are only 7 weeks worth of classes left.  It's been really busy - almost every weekend since the start of school, we've been doing something, frequently out of town.  I'm taking extra classes this semester, and I'm still involved in a lot of church things.  All this means that I wake up on Friday morning and I have no idea what happened to the week.  I like it!

it's been a really fun semester over all.  Some of the highlights so far: weddings, a beach trip with the college group, two awesome friends coming to visit, arts and crafts, the farmers market, an outdoor worship service, and pumpkin spice lattes.  I love fall.  The colors, the smells, and especially anything/everything pumpkin.

enjoying an early morning walk on the beach
I caught a crab!
hey, Macy!
my dearest friend, Anna Lisa, who was also one of my fabulous bridesmaids
sketching out some hand lettering for my Grammie Esther's 90th birthday
the finished card
learning to tie bows, wrapping with fabric, and hand lettering on the card... this was one crafty wedding gift!
got some fantastic fresh locally made mozzarella cheese at the farmers market!
new favorite. Chai Spice peanut almond butter.  freshly milled, from Big Spoon Roasters in Durham.  perfect with Gala apples!
outdoor worship service, complete with a proper bagpiper! 
a great night.  my sister was singing! (she's on the right)
might be my favorite thing about fall. I love love love pumpkin spice lattes...
Bring on the next half! Next week is fall break, which means state fair and (hopefully) some camping.  Once November rolls around, I'll be registering for classes for THE LAST TIME HALLELUJAH.  It's the homestretch.  Next thing I know, it'll be Thanksgiving and time for cramming and exams.  As excited as I am for what's coming, I'm also just really enjoying my day to day.  It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment