Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall Break

Jeff and I had lofty plans for fall break this year - we were going to go to the State Fair on that Thursday, and then we were going to head towards the coast to spend a few days camping.  Unfortunately, two days before break I found myself on the floor, unable to get up without Jeff picking me up.  I had somehow strained the muscles in my back, and I was in a whole lot of pain.  So we decided that since I couldn't carry a pack, we would postpone the camping until another weekend.  Instead, we hung out with my family, went to the State Fair on Friday, and I got to go to a fantastic  conference with a good friend of mine on Paul Miller's book A Praying Life.  It wasn't the break  I had expected, but it was fun and relaxing.  Given my school schedule over the next month, I especially needed that.

Jeff got to hang out in an old helicopter

An ent! Climbing over a power scooter too...
Deep fried pumpkin pie.  Yes.  It was delicious.
One of the sweet college ministry girls decorated this cake and won honorable mention for the amateur cake decorator division! 
This is Mary.  She's our college minister's wife.  She also has a PhD and teaches chemistry. She is one of the coolest people EVER.  Here, she's demonstrating what happens to a balloon when you put it in liquid nitrogen at a chemistry booth at the State Fair.
our view from the Ferris Wheel
And of course, gotta have a picture to celebrate two years since Jeff proposed!  Love my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment