Friday, October 11, 2013

Weddings

Clearly, I have hit that point in life when a lot of my friends are getting married.  We got to celebrate Ruth's wedding over the summer, and once school started, my sweet cousin got married.  This past weekend, one of my closest friends from high school got married, and in a little over a month, another one of our good friends from Jordan is getting married.  What joy!  So here are some pictures from the last two that I enjoyed so much:

we got to hang out on a beautiful private beach in NY
a little fuzzy, but you can still see that big smile!

making their vows

my sister was a bridesmaid! and she made that dress by herself! crafty runs in the family :)

me and my sweet cousin, Kayla
we have a completely normal relationship.
This past weekend was Macy's wedding. Macy's name isn't Macy, it's Ben, but when he introduced himself at YoungLife camp in 2007, he said "I'm amazing" and we heard "I'm Macy."  We've called him that ever since.  Macy and I became really good friends throughout that week, and we kept in touch after we left.  We would take turns making road trips to hang out with each other.  When I got married, Macy had arrived in the US that morning from a trip to Israel, got straight on another plane to Texas, and showed up at the church just in time.  He also came by to visit a few weeks ago at the tail end of a fundraising trip (he's going to be an area director for YoungLife in PA), which was fantastic.  This time, it was my turn to hit the road and see him marry a beautiful, fun woman in upstate Virginia.  It was an outdoor wedding - on his grandparents' property right on the Shenandoah River.  I was so caught up in the ceremony that I forgot to take pictures - it was that beautiful. I was so excited to celebrate his marriage with his friends and family.  I did manage to get a couple photos after the ceremony:

my ridiculously tall date / younger sister... (I was cheating with 3 inch wedges)
marriage: the great adventure!
the party tent!

his wedding...
my wedding... Sharptop Cove buddies since '07!

No comments:

Post a Comment